Energise


What is life all about? Money? Love? Well let's throw those to the wind and get scientific groovy baby. It is about energy, that's the Mojo. It is the be-all and end-all of our existence. We were made from a big bang. Every living organism needs an external source of energy to move forward, evolve and well...live. This is what makes the world go around in all its different forms, from thermal to electric and sound to magnetic. Potential or kinetic, it all falls in the hands of these two kinds. Even at rest we possess energy; cue Einstein and his theory.

And music is energy, whatever type you choose. This is my Sunday morning, this is why I am writing now and not in the evening. God made the world in six days and got funky on the seventh day. I want to drink an energy cocktail of big-ass beats and Brazilian street drummers, a phat bassline, a euphoric melody. Make me bob and sway, make me jig my shoulders and tap my toes until I'm moving and flowing on my feet. Give me a big bang. Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger. Daft Punk; guys, synthesize and energise me. Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Make me tick.

Energy, you are my maker, let us meet. Take my breath away, then give it back to me and give me life. Do this for me and I will give it all back to you two-fold.  I will cultivate and repay every cent, even though your value cannot be measured in money; after all, money is not what life is all about, is it? No SeƱor, it's all about you. Dress me up in a pink bunny suit and bang on a drum Duracell style. Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger. More seconds. More minutes. More hours. More days. Though actually, no not pink, I hate pink, you all know that. White will do. The big white rabbit in wonderland. Don't worry I'm not going to be late even though I'm ticking.

But I do have a very important date; just as I am about to go and play European Cup hockey once again for an intense week, I feel the vibe coming on, its scent flowing to my ears. Beam me up Scotty and take me not to the final frontier, but to another one.

And those three dudes in the photo aren't really going to some far off planet, they are B-Boys in a dance off on the dance floor. There's room for two more on there behind them, can you see? For me and you, you and me. Dancing and energising.

Comments

Popular Posts